11.10.15

Slow, slow, lightening fast.

Friday afternoon was a touch stressful, I got a phone call from Central Booking at St Georges, offering me an appointment to see a consultant on Monday morning.

It seems that the email to PALS worked, but I had no idea it would be that short notice.

Sadly it is not with the surgeon I originally asked for but it is with Phillip Mitchell, he has written lots of papers on the 'nitty gritty' aspects of replacements, he also seems to have a reputation for taking on complicated cases and ones that other surgeons won't touch.  I am pleased with this, because although my hip is very odd and looks like it was built by a blind plaster, it is not a complete mess, nor shattered and not a result of other trauma. The other thing is that he does almost double the national average hip replacements. As long as he or Mr Bridle are doing the surgery, I will be happy.  (He is also younger and does a lot revision work and maybe still working when the left finally goes.)

I have a long list of questions, I am EXTREMELY nervous. I am doing this initial consultation solo. I am making sure I wear sensible underwear, because no doubt, sans trousers hobbling and scar looking will be needed.

*gulp*

No comments:

Post a Comment