19.1.16

Toes and good to go.

So, one of the biggest issues I've had is my feet in general. Putting on shoes and socks has increasingly become more difficult.
I have a yoga routine to get my socks on and have worn the same pair of slip on sneakers for the past four months. Everywhere and with all outfits.
The other issue has been looking after my feet in general. Cutting my toe nails has always been odd. I tuck my foot under the opposite leg and cut them backwards, sole up first. Very odd position but worked for me. I no longer can do that for one leg.
Mr Gin did it a few times but that freaked both of us out.
Some work colleagues suggested I get a pedicure, what a brilliant idea. But that would be a complete stranger playing with my feet was going to take some effort. I'm a bit funny about people touching my feet.
So, a couple of weeks ago I headed to a local nail bar and soaked my feet, had the nails trimmed and cleaned, all rough bits removed and finally a deep red polish applied. It was odd and lovely. My feet looked amazing.
Yesterday I did it again, mainly to have the nail polish removed.
This because the surgery team need to look at my nail beds to check my circulation.
I have my instructions for my surgery day, only two days away now. 9 am role call and like gremlins no food after midnight!
It is getting real now.

No comments:

Post a Comment