24.2.16

Pills and Potions



When I left the hospital there was an enormous amount of pills and potions to take. From anti- inflammatories to hard core opiates. (Pictured above.)

But as many people have said this is major surgery and when you have had some of the largest and hardworking muscles cut, it is going to hurt!

And I have spoken about blood clots and the needles.

Yesterday we reached a milestone, the end of the needles. Mr Gin, my hero, is just as pleased as me to see the end of these! 30 days of the ‘stabby’ alarm, of the stabby dance and injections that hurt to tears and ones that were prefect. As time moved on the time for the injection was later in the evening and sometimes we were out. We did injections in disabled toilets, sitting at pub tables and at dinner table.  So goodbye needles!

The other thing is a lot of the pain meds are being cut down. I started with tramadol at least three times a day and oral morphine at night and the full does of Naproxen. I have cut back the morphine to a point it is a very rare occasion it is needed. I have two Tramadol free days! I am heading out today and may need one but I am now taking it on a needs basis. (The huge plus side to the drop in opiates is my digestive system is slowly getting back on track!)

I do throw paracetamol in to the mix as paracetamol is a wonder drug as far as I'm concerned. It gives a kick to everything, especially opiates. Tramadol has a longer life span when paracetamol is added (and same with morphine).
So, frankly I am pleased with this. The next goal will be giving the Naproxen a kick but the muscles get too heavy and stiff without them.
Goodbye needles! Now waiting to see the surgeon to see what he thinks, roll on the 1st of March.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad to hear this. It's so amazing how good it feels when you don't have to deal with all those side-effects. :)

    ReplyDelete