22.6.15

It is now down to choice.

I have two names, that I am trying to decide to go with.

I have selected them on their reactions to my email.  the ones, who just sectaries responded to, I have dismissed, ones that seemed this will easy, I have dismissed.

I have not looked at the surgeon statistics as a wise friend pointed out to me that, all of these top surgeons will have higher revision rates as they do lots of no standard replacements.  I have checked out their private practice, publications and general googling for stories, blogs etc.

First is Mr Briggs.

He is located at the Royal National Orthopaedic hospital.  His response indicates he may not have looked at the x-ray but I have emailed for clarification.  The hospital has very strict referral guidelines and I  have had three names, who practice there.  Mr Briggs has said that I can go to RNOH as I am a complex case.
At the moment, even without the slight confusion if I have had a replacement, I am leaning towards RNOH, because there are a lot of talented people there.

Second is Mr Bridle.

His response was the first and swift.  I am a gut person, and my gut liked his response. Measured and careful, without arrogance that comes through some times.  He is also adverse to resurfacing.  St Georges have a very good reputation and both Surgeons I contacted there were happy to see me and come up in top ten surgeon article from a few years back.

Both operate out of hospitals that could be difficult to get to but RNOH have a central London spot too.

So, who will I choose?  I will have to go to my GP at the end of the week armed with a name.  I really don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment