15.6.15

The first bite

Today has been interesting.  I really did not expect an answer straight away from my email.
I had two this morning, that is 50%.

The first response was from a private clinic, headed by the women who replaced the Queen Mother's hip. Unfortunately, their recommendation was for a fellow at Stanmore, a hospital I would struggle to get an appointment with.  I have contacted them directly, and I will attempt to contact the suggestion just on the off chance.

The most positive response comes from Mr Simon Bridle, listed in the Daily Fails top hip surgeons. He also has a great website and does not advocate resurfacing.

His response is as follows:

I would be very happy to see you
Surgeons have done a good job and both hip joints are in right place, so joint replacement will be relatively straightforward
If you would like appointment I'm sure Diana can arrange it
Simon

I am very, very pleased with this response, it means Mr Dickens did do a good job, just as we thought, it is really nice to discover this.  I am also pleased he did not turn around and say no straight away.
I have a few more leads to chase and then I will be looking at failure rates of each of the surgeons.  Such a boring thing but needful.

No comments:

Post a Comment