18.6.15

The Joy of overdoing it.

Today I am at home, not at work.
Why?  Because everything was sore this morning and the thought of public transport filled me with horror.
Overdoing it meant, sitting in training on non office chairs for five hours.  Checking out some art for an hour and half and walking down a hill to the tube.  Frustrating because I could have done that easily 9 months ago.

But it is not all doom and gloom.  On Monday I spoke with a lady a decade older than me who had her hip replaced.  She is very happy with it.  The lead up to the replacement is a bit of a horror story and confirmed to me that starting now is a grand idea. I have been told, 12 month wait is not out of the question.

A member of the WI has also backed up my thoughts on a Stanmore surgeon, so I have contacted him.  Additionally I have two other surgeons contact me.  I am currently reading reviews and as much literature on the surgeons who have agreed to see me.

Then off to a GP, to get the consultation.  It is moving quite quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment