7.4.16

Positive post, moving forward.

So, after the previous post it is time to do a post full of joy!

So in the past month there has been some very steady progress. I am going to compile them in sort form. They may not mean much to you but for me, they are big deals.

I attended a wedding armed with a crutch and wearing high heels and corset. I ditched the crutch early on and stood, walked and chatted most of the night in said heels and corset. I reverted to the backup sneakers late in the evening and had, in general a wonderful time.

I have pretty much eliminated all pain killers. I am no longer taking any drugs besides the odd paracetamol.

I went to Hastings with Mr Gin and another mate, we walked all over, including up the steep hill to the castle. (It takes a lot to stop me checking out a castle.) Mr Gin estimated we walked 6 to 7 kilometres. We don’t think I've walked that far in a day for a good nine months.

I can easily walk to the long bus stop and have walked to one of our train stations, regular like.

I have stood on a bus, for a couple of stops.

I have pretty much abandoned walking aids of any sort. I do carry a stick for when I get tired, but that is a last resort type of thing.

I can get down on one knee in order to do my shoes up, it is still awkward and quite stiff but I am getting there.

Stairs are slowly getting there, the ones at home are proving a challenge as they are deep and bit steep. I am still struggling with the corner.

I got up and down some portable steps to paint a door, it was not a difficult thing. It was soothing to be able to something so practical.

I’ve started sewing seriously again.

I vacuumed.

I had a bath, getting in was a challenge and getting out was a touch entertaining, having to turn over get up from kneeling position.

The waddle is slowly lessening. It gets spectacular when tired but hopefully another month and it will be gone!

I am slowly extending the time I can sit in an office chair.

I smile a lot more, a lot more. I knew I was sad and struggling with depression but not quite how much.

I still am getting implant pain but that seems to be lessening.

So all in all, not bad at all.

Proving how awesome I feel! METAL

1 comment: