3.1.16

Health check!

So, finally, I got my health check. One of the most intensive health assessments I have ever done.

There was five hours of public transport travel, four different questionnaires, three vials of blood, two different nurses and one X-ray and pee sample.  And that was just the highlights.

Mr Gin and I travelled across London to the Epsom General Hospital and the Elective orthopaedic Centre.  We were there for two hours but there really was not much waiting around. The waiting room was filled with older people but the nursing staff seemed used to younger patients. (I know I am 41 but in this procedure I am quite young)
There was a quick height and weight check along with a charming stick up the nose moment.
Then a different nurse took some of the most comprehensive health questions I have ever had. We worked out that I have had 15 General anaesthetics, a fairly high amount. It was nice to meet a medical practitioner that knew the proper names for the procedures I have done!

Also there was a "Wow!" when the x-ray below was produced! Apparently I do good work.  For comparison I have included the x-ray from nine years ago. Sorry for the poor quality.

2009
2015



At the end of the health exam, with all the bells and whistles including checking that all my blood goes to all the right places, she answered a number of concerns as we had.  It was drummed into me not to be sick and I am taking lots precautions to avoid colds, scratches and anything that could halt the procedure.

Then there was blood given and x-ray taken. Then we headed home.

All together painless and now the serious count down begins.






2 comments: