7.3.16

Hi ho, hi ho, it is off to physio we go.

Today was my second trip to Physio. I have dumped the second crutch after Mr Hutt said that it was could go. He also said if the physio was happy with me not using crutches to go for it!

The Physio was very much willing to let me go. We practised walking with a waddle and stairs. Not that thrilling but for me amazing. I do walk with a waddle but that should disappear soon enough as we get more strength in the legs and bum. Some of my gluteus muscles were cut during the operation and they need to heal as well as get stronger.

Putting on shoes and socks is still a bit over exciting and I have some options but need to stretch some muscles that have not been used much.  I really need to get this sorted quickly, I am bored of my slip on sneakers that have been my only shoes for six months!

She was pleased I was going to going swimming and felt that back stroke and freestyle (front crawl) where going to help a lot. I have some new exercises; mainly bum and strengthening the old muscles up for striding around like a boss.

Other things that have been going on is getting ready to return to work. Long term sick is something I really would not like to repeat because the general mayhem it is causing. My GP is not that helpful with such things like certificates etc. They are so difficult to get on the phone and Mr Gin rang for something else today and he only dialled 37 times and spent ten minutes on hold. That gives you an indication of the interesting aspect of getting hold of them. I rang a number of today and in between trying to sort out some odd jobs, physio and their very long lunch break where they not pick up the phone at all. Very frustrating because lots of people need a particular certificate to get things moving and I have no idea when I can get it!
This includes Access to Work, a government scheme that hopefully will help with taxis for the first couple of months as I heal and work.

This week will be busy but there has to be time for walking, and more walking for a little bit with one crutch on the tube etc but I am thinking of going back to my walking stick for a bit to be able to fold it up and then have it for when I get tired.

So, it is all full ahead for returning to work. As much as I love my job, I wouldn't mind winning the lottery at the point to have a full six months to strengthen me to a new body of awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment