19.2.16

Being cautious.

Today was a bit of a bust.

As I mentioned yesterday I slipped a bit heading into my WI meeting, and as the crutch went in a direction that I didn't I tried putting the foot of my operated leg through a flag stone. Twice.
It was pretty sore by the time I got home and yesterday the bone felt tender. A very different pain to anything that I have had besides when the joint was sore, pre-op style. Morphine help sleeping but last night it was very ouchy.

This morning I called the OEC and they felt that it should be looked at and there was a suggestion to head to St Georges A&E department but to be honest the cab fare would have been very expensive and tube would have been difficult. I figured if I went to my local hospital, Whipps Cross, if it looked bad I could go to St Georges.
Off to X-ray

So, off I went. I bought a sandwich and drink with me, knowing it was going to be a long wait.
All in all it was not too bad. The A&E is tucked away but it is a new building and the staff on point.
A number of x-rays were ordered (and everyone being surprised with my wonderful yoga pants with no metal bits) and then the nurse practitioner and the consultant had a look at the films. They felt there was no evidence of movement of the implant and there was no evidence of breakage or cracking of the bone. They have sent the images to St Georges to have a look at on Monday, just in case. The consultant was good, and said that he understood why I was being so cautious, so that is good.

So about four to five hours in A&E and me being very cautious, it seems it is okay and the pain is just from jarring the bugger.

Tonight I am going to romantic movie with Mr Gin. Deadpool.

2 comments: