11.2.16

Quilting for the win.

Mum trims the binding.

Three weeks! 

Crunchy hip was evicted with extreme prejudice by a fellow named Hutt! There is a movie in there, I am sure.

I have a couple of in depth posts in my head and have started some. So, looking forward there will be a post about the actual exercises I do,  medication adventures, packing your bag for a hip replacement , hacks for stopping your crutches falling over and hopefully a video on putting on TEDs!  

The reason for lack of real post today is my mother and I have been doing some sewing and have almost completed a patchwork quilt. When she offered to come over to help out for a month, Mum asked if there was a project I would like to do. I wanted to finish a quilt that I started three years ago. It has been waiting for this time it feels. It was pieced together, I had wadding and backing but do to not being confident, I was yet to assemble it.

Once I was feeling better and bit more mobile, Mum got us moving and taught me to put it together and then we quilted it and today the binding went on. I am very proud of it. 

The big bonus is that if I am sewing, I have to move around. Using the machine is not too bad but have to be careful with the angle I use the pedal. My mother is a master quilter and she was more than happy to help and get me moving to finish it. It is a bit of rough and ready, not really straight but prefect for a snuggle quilt and being dark, if there is a red wine spill, it will be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment